Phew! It’s officially my last week of maternity leave, and my baby girl is 3 months old. The last three months have been the most amazing of my life and it’s so incredible to think that three months ago, we were in the hospital welcome this sweet angel girl into our lives. In a way it seems like just yesterday, but at the same time it feels like forever ago.
Some Firsts from Month 3:
- First boat ride. My Aunt and Uncle couldn’t come out when Saithe was first born, so instead they came out Labor Day Weekend and David and I drove up to DC to meet them! We all drove up to Annapolis and took a trip on the Woodwind sailboat.
- First time in the ocean. David and I took an impromptu trip to Virginia Beach for our anniversary, and I was a mean Mommy and made her stick her toes in the ocean. She was absolutely NOT a fan, so we only stayed long enough to get a picture and then we were back to cuddling her and making her warm again.
- First shots. OOOOH the shots. This one was not fun, but our girl is such a trooper, I think it was less fun for me and David than it was for her. She screamed her head off when it happened, but then they gave her the sweet shot and David held her and she was passed out asleep by the time we got to the car!
- First time in an office. The week following Labor Day, one of the gals in David’s office was out on vacation and they needed some extra help, so Saithe and I went into the office for the week. She was so good all week, she would play on her play mat, sit on David’s lap while he typed, and took super long naps everyday.
Some new things this month:
- Saithe has developed this sweet little scrunchy nose when she smiles…or talks…or frowns….pretty much she scrunches her nose all the time and it’s the cutest thing I’ve ever seen!
- We can definitely tell her vision is developing, she is looking around at EVERYTHING! It’s so neat. We’ve been going on morning walks around the neighborhood and they used to put her to sleep almost instantly, but now she’s fascinated by the trees and the light and doesn’t fall asleep until the very tail end of the walk.
- We got her a play mat with piano keys for her to kick, and little toys that hang over her head and she loves it! She kicks the heck out of the piano and has started to grab onto the lower hanging toys. She’ll even scoot herself up and kick the toys with her feet, and squeal and squeak. If you follow me on Instagram (@amandatruth) you might’ve seen the video of her little voice.
- Speaking of which, Saithe-Elizabeth has found her voice!! She loves talking and squealing and making ALL the noises. And she’s started to learn the cadence of conversation and will “respond” when you talk to her. It’s so much fun.
- She desperately wants to sit up. If she’s leaning back at all, she’s WORKING those ab muscles trying to get up.
- Along those same lines, she loves standing! Of course we’re holding her up, but she loves planting those little feet down and pushing off of whatever we’re balancing her on. Pretty sure that means that as soon as she’s steady enough, she’ll be up and walking! Remind me to find the button that makes time slow down.
- She has definitely found her hands. I’m not sure if she wants to eat her hands, or if she’s trying to grab her tongue. Probably a bit of both if we’re being honest.
- She now recognizes me and David. It’s the coolest thing to watch her process who we are, and she gets this giant smile on her face and immediately starts cooing and chatting to us.
- Saithe can almost consistently successfully pull her binky out AND put it back in! It has to stay in her hand, but we’ve watched her several times pull it out, hold it just outside her mouth, and then push it back in. It’s incredible. And she always gets this look of triumph when she pops it back in her mouth.
- She still fights sleep like a boss. I kind of get the feeling she wants to be bigger than she is, because she gets so mad when she’s too tired to keep hanging out.
I know this won’t come as a shock to anyone, but I’m still loving Mommy life. These last three months have been the most rewarding of my life. I love getting to know her sweet little personality and watch her discover the world around her. It’s definitely going to be a transition going back to work next week, there may be a few blog posts coming on balancing Mommy life and Work life. But I know it’s all part of God’s plan and this is what’s best for our family right now, so we’ll just continue to take it day by day and pour out all the love we have for our little angel girl.