Four Months. I can’t believe it’s only been four months, and at the same time I can’t believe it’s been four months already! Working Mom Brain has definitely taken hold of me, the days seem to run together and I honestly can’t remember what happens from day to day. It’s definitely been an adjustment going to work and not being with Baby Saithe all day every day, but we’re getting used to it. Of course, as is with everything having to do with kids, as soon as we get used to one system, a new one is right around the corner! With Saithe starting daycare next week, I know everything will change drastically again!
I don’t think she had very many Firsts this month, honestly. Maybe she did, and Working Mom Brain has just gotten the best of me and I can’t think of them right now. Anyway, let’s look at the Firsts that I do remember!!
- Mommy’s first day back at work. Okay, so this isn’t really a Saithe’s first, but kind of! It was her first whole day with someone other than Mommy or Daddy! My mom came down the first week I went back to work (and also this week!) to help us out, and Saithe got to spend all day that week (and also this week!) with her Cita. It’s been a good prep for daycare I think, getting her used to being around other people all day.
- Her first roll. One afternoon, David put Baby Saithe down in the pack n’ play on her back. About 10 minutes later, I came over and found her on her stomach! We were pretty excited, but also pretty bummed that we missed her first time rolling over. However, since then she hasn’t done it again – so we’re thinking perhaps it was a fluke. She’s trying awfully hard now to roll over though, so we think it might be coming for real soon.
Things we did this month:
- I mentioned my mom came down both the first week in October and this week to watch Baby Saithe while David and I had busy weeks. Saithe got tons of time with her Cita and has loved it! Cita walks around with her during the day, takes her outside, and shows her all the things in the house!
- DC Trip. In December, we’re going to Cuba with my mom and Mike. We decided to apply for Global Entry to make the plane travel a bit easier. We had to go to DC for the in-person interview, so we made a weekend out of it and Saithe spent time with Cita and G-pa while David and I took the metro into the city and had a bit of a date day 🙂 It worked out that when we drove home we took my mom back with us so she can act as nanny this week!
- Lots of office time with Daddy. While I was at work and my mom was at her house, Saithe went to work with David!! I can’t even begin to tell you how fortunate we are that David has a job where he can bring Baby to the office with him! It has been such a blessing!
- Teething. Oh my GRACIOUS! We believe she is just starting the teething phase but already we can tell it’s going to be a beast! Our sweet, sunshiney baby has become much more needy and whiny. Poor thing cries much more easily, and although she still has her overall happy demeanor, we can tell she’s uncomfortable sometimes. She loves cuddling even more now than before, and she chews on anything she can get her hands on – our arms and shoulders, HER HANDS, anything!
- Grasping. Just in the last few days, she’s started reaching out for things. It’s so fun to watch her discover that she can do things. She also will try to grab at the things she sits on, specifically the chair in her room, you’ll see the little hand open and close, trying to pick up and grasp whatever she can, even though the fabric isn’t going anywhere.
- Rolling. I mentioned she rolled over for the first time. Even though we think that is a fluke, she is a master at rolling onto her side! She also can rotate herself. I put her down on her floor mat facing one way, and watched her (over the course of about 20 minutes) do a full 360 degree turn around. It’s amazing! Now if only she could get the rolling from back to front or front to back down haha.
- Sitting up. She LOVES to sit up, although she’s not quite steady enough to do it unsupported yet. She’s getting MUCH better, but she still tilts one way or the other – or forward – almost all of the time.
- She is becoming much more interactive. She’ll look you in the eye, smile when she recognizes you, laugh or make noise when you talk to her. She even will place her hand on the outside of my hand when I put my hand on her face – talk about melting my heart!
Overall, we can tell she’s getting more into the “fun” ages. We love watching her interact with her surroundings and discover new things. She still is a champion sleeper, going from 7:30ish at night to 5:30ish in the morning. It’s amazing, but I’m still getting used to waking up at 5:30 everyday and then going to work!! Whew!